Saint Anselm is Doing a Sketchbook
**The deadline has passed for the Saint Anselm discount, but feel free to order direct from the link above and join us.
- Saint Anselm is participating in the Sketchbook Project from Arthouse as a college community, spear-headed by Fine Arts & Lucubrations.
- We received a discount as a group to both purchase & digitize the sketchbooks.
- We'll hold our own mini-exhibition at the end of the fall semester to share what our sketchbook/journal entries have produced.
- You fill up your sketchbook by January 15 and we ship them off to join a whirlwind tour of 6 exhibitions. One of the 1st stops is Portland, Maine and then NYC, then off to western states.
- When the sketchbooks come back, they become part of a permanent collection housed at the Brooklyn Art Museum in NY.
- Writing, Prose, Collage, Painting, Stitching, Drawing, Doodling, Photography are all valid approaches to tackling these themed sketchbooks which, for many Fine Arts courses this fall, will augment the usual sketchbook/journal requirements and provide students with ready subject matter with which to experiment and respond.
- We'll post ongoing lists of tips and mini-assignments for filling up your sketchbook on Lucubrations and host a couple of Sketchbook parties in Comiskey with art supplies and fun and easy techniques. Questions? email: Prof. Asbury - firstname.lastname@example.org
Video on the Sketchbook Project:
We'll be taking a trip to the exhibition in Portland.
Wednesday 03.30.2011 through Saturday 04.02.2011